Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are so easy to prepare and are so delicious. Serves 4 as a main course or 8 as an appetiser. Marinating time not included.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken breasts, boned and skinned, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed to a pulp
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste
- 6 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 tablespoons corn oil
- Put the chicken into a bowl and add the salt and lemon juice and rub into the meat.
- Poke the meat with the tip of a knife and rub in the seasonings again.
- Set aside for 20 mins,then add the ginger,cumin,garlic,paprika,cayenne,cream and garam masala.Mix well and refrigerate for 6-8 hours,although longer will not hurt.
- Preheat the grill and thread the meat onto flat sword-like skewers.Brush with oil and balance the skewers on the rim of a shallow baking tray.
- Place about 5" from the heat source and grill for about 6 mins or until lightly browned and cooked through.
Wonderfully flavored kebabs! Loved all the ingredients in the marinade -- they grilled up perfectly. Served them with some sauteed cherry tomatoes and a nice side salad. Will definitely grill these up again - so easy! Made for the 1-2-3 Tag, June, 2012.
I feel as tho I'm reviewing this recipe for a 2nd time. I made Noo's Recipe #432647 on a few previous occasions, and this is basically the same recipe without the sauce. We loved it this way as much as the other. (Actually, I prefer it this way and hubby prefers the sauce). The nice thing about this is that you can make both variations at the same time! The only thing I had to change was that I was out of fresh ginger and used 1/8 tsp of ground ginger. Definitely a difference, fresh is always better. But either way, we enjoyed this very much. Thanks for posting.
Very good and an easy dinner with a tossed salad. I skipped teh garam masala but these had tons of flavor even without it. Thanks for sharing!