Recipe by cookiedog
An old fashioned refreshing cocktail that packs a punch. From Ina Garten
Top Review by TexasKelly
This is my husbands and my favorite cocktail. This is the same recipe we follow, and we have always made ours with cognac with great results. I would definately reccomend this to anyone.
- fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup cognac or 1 cup good brandy
- 1⁄2 cup triple sec or 1⁄2 cup Cointreau liqueur
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- maraschino cherries or lemon peel, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- If you want to frost the glasses, dip the rim or 4 martini glasses in a shallow plate of lemon juice and then in the sugar. Allow to dry for 15 minutes.
- Combine the Cognac, Triple Sec, and lemon juice in a pitcher. Pour some into a cocktail shaker with ice, shake well and pour into the glasses. Garnish with a cherry or lemon peel.