Recipe by Grace Lynn
This is my all-time most requested recipe! You will not believe it until you see it, even kids will gobble this up. I have served this to children and teenagers who say they hate salads, and then watch them eat 3 helpings of this! Try it, it will become your favorite, trust me!
Top Review by Polar Bear
We try out different salads many times a week and the good point of this recipe is the dressing. It did taste good but it´s drawback is that the cottage cheese leaves a lot of tiny little lumps on the greens which doesnt make food presentation very impression. We didnt have bacon (and we try to avoid eating it). We substituted walnuts instead. It turned out very well. Thanks for sharing. Polar Bear
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried until crisp, crumbled
Cottage Cheese Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced onions or 2 tablespoons scallions
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 pint large-curd cottage cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash and dry the spinach and lettuce and tear into bite-size pieces, discarding the spinach stems.
- Just before serving, toss the greens with the mushrooms, bacon, and dressing.
- Dressing: Combine all the ingredients in a glass jar.
- Shake to blend.