Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my all-time most requested recipe! You will not believe it until you see it, even kids will gobble this up. I have served this to children and teenagers who say they hate salads, and then watch them eat 3 helpings of this! Try it, it will become your favorite, trust me!
- 1 (10 ounce) package fresh spinach
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, fried until crisp, crumbled
Cottage Cheese Dressing
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons minced onions or 2 tablespoons scallions
- 1⁄3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 pint large-curd cottage cheese
- Wash and dry the spinach and lettuce and tear into bite-size pieces, discarding the spinach stems.
- Just before serving, toss the greens with the mushrooms, bacon, and dressing.
- Dressing: Combine all the ingredients in a glass jar.
- Shake to blend.