1/1 Photo of Sicilian Tomato Pesto
Chef Kate's Note:
Another Joanne Weir recipe from "You Say Tomato." A nice play on traditional pesto.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat and add the pine nuts.
- 2Cook, stirring constantly, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Immediately remove from the pan.
- 3Place the basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- 4Stop and scrape down the sides.
- 5Add the grated cheese and crushed red-pepper flakes and pulse a few times to make a thick paste.
- 6Transfer to a bowl and fold in the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sicilian Tomato Pesto
Serving Size: 1 (676 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.5
- Calories from Fat 374
- Total Fat 41.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 192.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 9.1 g