Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another Joanne Weir recipe from "You Say Tomato." A nice play on traditional pesto.
Make and share this Sicilian Tomato Pesto recipe from Food.com.
- Heat a small skillet over medium-high heat and add the pine nuts.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Immediately remove from the pan.
- Place the basil leaves, garlic, pine nuts and olive oil in a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Stop and scrape down the sides.
- Add the grated cheese and crushed red-pepper flakes and pulse a few times to make a thick paste.
- Transfer to a bowl and fold in the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
Very flavorful, bright and fresh! I started this with defrosted basil puree that I had made last fall when my garden was overflowing and the approaching cold weather was threatening. So I added the rest of the ingredients to the food processor with the basil puree (I used about 1 cup of basil puree) and followed the recipe from there. It was gobbled down by my family, with picky son even asking for seconds. Yummy! Thanks, Chef Kate! Made for ZWT 4.