Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of the winning recipes from up and coming student chefs! This would be a great side dish for the holidays! Adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine.
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise into 1/2 inch strips
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice (pineapple juice would be good here too)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 375*F.
- Toss green beans and bell pepper strips with oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally.
- Bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Simmer 5-7 minutes, or until vinegar is thick and syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- Toss green bean mixutre with orange juice, lemon jucie, and orange zest in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Transfer to a serving dish, and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar syrup. Enjoy!
I love roasted vegetables and this recipe did not disappoint! Very flavorful and fresh tasting. I also added some Meyer lemon. This went perfectly with our steak and baked potato dinner. Thanks for sharing this keeper. Made for Please Review My Recipe Tag Game.
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #36* Since our visit to Sicily last year, I truly notice any recipe which says "Sicily"! This was a tasty prep of fresh veggies with a TBSP of Meyer lemon juice (from a Zaar buddy !), and just the right drizzle of Balsamic ! Will be fixing this again. thanks for posting, Sharon !