One of the winning recipes from up and coming student chefs! This would be a great side dish for the holidays! Adapted from Vegetarian Times magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced lengthwise into 1/2 inch strips
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice (pineapple juice would be good here too)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1Preheat oven to 375*F.
- 2Toss green beans and bell pepper strips with oil, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet and roast 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender and beginning to brown, stirring occasionally.
- 3Bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small saucepan over medium high heat. Simmer 5-7 minutes, or until vinegar is thick and syrupy, stirring occasionally.
- 4Toss green bean mixutre with orange juice, lemon jucie, and orange zest in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- 5Transfer to a serving dish, and drizzle with the balsamic vinegar syrup. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Green/Yellow Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sicilian Style Roasted Vegetables With Balsamic Syrup
Serving Size: 1 (110 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 61.0
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 149.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g