Recipe by Kanzeda
The epitome of pantry cooking. Add some angel hair or linguine and you have a devine "no shopping" dinner party good meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained, and squeezed dry
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup marsala, divided
- 3 tablespoons romano cheese, grated fresh
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1⁄4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add ingredients upto Marsala and cook 3 minutes. Place spinach mixture in a medium bowl. Stir in 1 tablespoon Marsala, cheese, raisins, and capers; set aside.
- Cut a horizontal slit through the thickest portion of each breast half to form a pocket. Stuff about 1/3 cup spinach mixture into each pocket. Secure each chicken breast with wooden picks. Dredge chicken breasts in breadcrumbs, turning to coat; shake off excess breadcrumbs.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in pan over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 12 minutes or until chicken is browned, turning after 6 minutes. Remove from pan; keep warm. Add remaining Marsala and vinegar to pan. Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add cornstarch mixture to pan; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly; add chicken to pan. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6 minutes or until chicken is done. Drizzle remaining sauce over chicken.
- Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 stuffed chicken breast half).