I found this recipe in the "Authentic Italian Recipes Cookbook", compiled by The Christopher Columbus Ladies Auxiliary of San Antonio, Texas. My husband loves this steak! It's a nice change from the normal way we grill our steaks. I serve it with either Fettuccini Alfredo or baked potatoes.
- Marinate steaks in garlic and olive oil for 30 minutes (15 minutes on each side).
- Combine cheese, oregano and breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Dip steaks in the bread mixture.
- Cook steaks under broiler, turning once.
- For rare, cook 8-10 minutes; for medium cook 12-14 minutes; for well done cook 18-20 minutes.