Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this recipe in the "Authentic Italian Recipes Cookbook", compiled by The Christopher Columbus Ladies Auxiliary of San Antonio, Texas. My husband loves this steak! It's a nice change from the normal way we grill our steaks. I serve it with either Fettuccini Alfredo or baked potatoes.
- Marinate steaks in garlic and olive oil for 30 minutes (15 minutes on each side).
- Combine cheese, oregano and breadcrumbs, salt and pepper.
- Dip steaks in the bread mixture.
- Cook steaks under broiler, turning once.
- For rare, cook 8-10 minutes; for medium cook 12-14 minutes; for well done cook 18-20 minutes.
Thank you Kim D! There used to be a local restaraunt that served this dish. I always pestered the owner for the recipe, and he never would comply. The place closed down, and he died. One taste of this and it was like I was back in that restaraunt! I served this with my "parmesan and procuitto mashed potatoes" and a blend of sauteed zuchinni, onions, peppers and mushrooms. These steaks rock!
WOW!! Will be making this one over and over and over.. I also made up some mushrooms to eat with it, but it's not needed at all... Fantastic as is.
This looks Great. I can't wait to try it. One thing, what is the side dish? Looks like maybe a type of cucumber salad??