Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From my grandmother's recipe box and the clipping said that it was from a restaurant on the Kowloon side of Hong Kong.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cooked and chopped into cubes
- 1 teaspoon chili oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sichuan peppercorn
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) cans mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 1⁄2 lbs mixed salad greens
- Mix all the seasonings together until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over the chicken and allow to marinate for 2-4 hours or even overnight in the refridgerator.
- When ready to serve, add salad greens and mandarin oranges that have been chilled and mix thoroughly. Serve immediately on chilled plates.
An unusual and quite delicious salad! I used fresh orange segments and honey instead of sugar, but was otherwise faithful to the recipe. A lovely sweet/sour/salt/bitter mix!