Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
My wife's favorite holiday recipe (whole family loves this actually).
Make and share this Shu Wen's Sweet Potato Cassarole recipe from Food.com.
- 6 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- In large mixing bowl,mix sweet potatoes,sugar,eggs,margarine,milk, and vanilla.
- Pour into 9x13 greased baking dish.
- Mix topping ingredients and sprinkle over potatoes.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
This was so delicious. The toffee type topping was so nice, sweet and slightly crunchy, I will remember this recipe for Thanksgiving, since it's a wonderful change from the usual marshmallow- laden candied yams we usually serve for the holidays. Thank you for sharing your recipe, keaolyen. Made for Fall 2012 Pick-A-Chef.