Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Living in the desert, during the summer all you want to eat is cold food like salad. I made up this salad with some of my favorite veggies and ingredients. I hope you like it too!
- 1 (8 ounce) crate fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) package fresh snow peas, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained and chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey, pref. raw-thick type
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon canola oil
- Place mushrooms, snow peas, water chestnuts, and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl; mix lime juice, pepper, rice vinegar, honey, sour cream, and oil.
- Whisk sour cream mix together well to get any lumps out and make it smooth and creamy.
- Pour sour cream mix into mushroom mix and toss to coat.
- Chill then enjoy!
Chef, This is an EXCELLENT combination of flavors. Thanks so much for sharing. We will make this again and share with others. I made this salad Friday evening for just the 3 of us and had leftovers which we used Saturday night with some fresh arugula from the garden. It kept very well, the 2nd day I added a little more dressing and it was great. I used 1/2 of the honey because we don't like sweet dressings and I did add more lime juice to taste. Thinly sliced celery also was a nice addition. Made this for Spring 08 PAC.