Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
lipton's recipe, this is a quick easy week night dinner
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup sliced scallion
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine or 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 envelope Lipton Recipe Secrets savory herb with garlic soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tomatoes, diced
- 2 cups spinach leaves
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted cashews (optional)
- heat oil in skillet, add scallions.
- add sherry, soup mix and water, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer until it starts to thicken add shrimp, tomato, spinach and cashews.
- simmer until shrimp turn pink.
- serve over rice.
I actually didn't use the Lipton recipe pack or any sherry or wine and it still turned out tasty! I dissolved 1/2 tbsp of corn starch in 1/2 cup milk and 1/4 cup chicken broth instead of water and the soup mix. I also added minced garlic and onion with the scallions, as well as sliced mushrooms before the tomatoes and spinach. I added some oregano, red pepper flakes, pepper, and 1-2 tbls of parmesan cheese to the dish for some flavor. It got a bit watery from when the spinach wilted but overall it tasted very good and it was a quick, healthy dish to prepare!
Very good and different way to make shrimp. I wasn't able to find the soup mix suggested in the ingredients so I used Lipton onion mushroom, which although was good I think this would have been a lot better if I was able to find the correct soup mix or a more reasonable subsitute. Thanks for sharing!
Very good and simple! I used the white Zinfadel for this and omitted the cashews. Thanks!