Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the Marriott's Frenchmans's Reef hotel, St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands. This is a quick dish that is delicious served over rice.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 ounces andouille sausages, sliced
- 8 large mushrooms, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and sausage and saute until shrimp just turn pink, about 3 minutes.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer shrimp and sausage to plate.
- Add mushrooms to same skillet and saute until tender, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in cream and worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer until sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
- Return shrimp and sausage to skillet and simmer until shrimp are cooked through, about 1 minute.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide shrimp and sausage mixture between 2 plates.
- Spoon sauce and mushrooms over.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve.
Excellent flavor in this dish! I'm a low-carber so in place of rice I used steamed cauliflower, and the results were divine. Very filling, with moderate complexity. It would be helpful to know what the recommended slice thickness of andouille is~ I cut mine to about 1/2 in, and it seemed the pieces were a bit too powerful, so I'd recommend slicing a bit more thinly to others.