Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a quick and easy Shrimp with Linguine recipe! It is perfect even for busy weeknights!
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large shallot, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 28 ounces pureed tomato sauce
- red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 -2 tablespoon flour
- Boil a pot of water for the pasta.
- Add the pasta and cook according to package.
- While the pasta is cooking, add butter and the extra virgin olive oil in a sauce pan.
- Add the shallots and garlic and sauté for about 3-4 minutes.
- Season the shrimp with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Add the shrimp to the sauce pan and cook them for about 2-3 minutes or until pink.
- Add the wine and bring to a boil.
- Add the tomato puree and lower the heat to medium to low heat for about about 10 minutes. If the sauce gets too thin, add 1-2 Tablespoons of flour to thicken it up.
- place the pasta on a plate, pour the sauce on top of the pasta and sprinkle the chopped parsley. Serve immediately.