Expat in Holland's Note:
This dish is quick, easy and delish! It is a tried and true. It is made easier if you use a mini processor or regular size processor. If not you can grate the bread and finely chop garlic and herbs. It is best to use medium to large shrimp, that have been shelled and deveined. This dish never fails to please and has such great flavor for it's simplicity.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 425°F
- 2Lightly oil a large baking pan.
- 3In a mini processor add garlic cloves to bottom. Pulse one or two times to chop garlic.
- 4Add bread slices, red pepper flakes, parsley, and basil to processor with garlic in it. Process mixture for a few seconds. Should start to look like mealy bread crumbs.
- 5Add olive oil to mixture in processor and pulse on and off, for about 30 seconds, until all is coated and crumbly.
- 6Arrange the shrimp in the baking pan, in a single layer. Spoon a little of the crumb mixture onto each shrimp. Drizzle with a little more oil.
- 7Place pan in oven and bake for 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the shrimp. The shrimp should turn pink and crumb mixture should become lightly brown. Do not overcook shrimp.
- 8Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Browse Our Top European Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp With Garlic Herb Bread Crumbs
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 205.8
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 170.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 23.5 g