Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
shrimp and butter and garlic...where's the bread? Peeling the shrimp takes longer than making the recipe.
- 3 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 3⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup butter, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crumbled dried tarragon
- Pat shrimp dry.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp and saute just until opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Remove with slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Remove all but 1 tblsp oil from skillet.
- Place over medium-low heat, add garlic and stir 30 seconds.
- Pour in wine, increase heat and reduce mixture by 1/3.
- Add lemon juice and return to boil.
- Remove from heat.
- Swirl in butter, 1 piece at a time, blending until creamy.
- Stir in parsley, chives and tarragon.
- Season with pepper.
- Taste and season with salt and additional lemon juice, if desired.
- Arrange shrimp on individual plates, spoon sauce over and serve with crusty bread.
OMG this is fantastic, better than 5 stars. I used sea scallops instead of shrimp and followed the recipe exactly as written. Served the rich garlicy sauce over rice. This is a definite keeper. Thank you so much Evelyn for posting this winner.
Simple but elegant and yummy; children and adults both loved it. I served it over farfalle (butterfly) pasta, which caught the sauce well, and made for interesting consistency with the shrimp. The only change I would make next time is to double it! :o) Would love to try it with a rice pilaf, too. Thanks, Ev!
Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! My MIL took the recipe home with her that is how much she liked it. I loved the sauce and the consistency. We had rice and spaghetti to serve alongside, but I preferred it with rice the best. Thank you for letting me know about your recipe. We all loved it!!!