Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Variation: Substitute lump crabmeat, lobster or scallops for shrimp.
- 1 (16 ounce) packageuncooked Barilla linguine
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Prepare linguine according to package directions; drain.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium neat.
- Add bell pepper and garlic; cook 6 minutes or just until tender.
- Add shrimp, lemon juice, crushed red pepper, salt and black pepper; cook 10 minutes or until shrimp is pink and opaque.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Add shrimp mixture to cooked linguine in large bowl and toss well.
- Serve immediately.
I really enjoyed this recipe. next time around I will either add more shrimp or use less linguine. too much linguine for two.
This recipe was good if you like alot of lemon. I will make again but add more garlic and less lemon. We added parm. cheese for a little more.
We really enjoyed! I followed directions as written. Wouldn't change a thing!