1 hr 30 mins
My daughter really wow'ed the judges at fair with this recipe & with some changings has been several more times for our family. Now, it's off to a teenage camp.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled & devined
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1/4 cups wild rice, uncooked (brown rice optional)
- 3/4 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 mangoes, peeled & diced
- 1 1/2 cups red peppers, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, add shrimp, toss to coat, cover & chill 1 hours.
- 2Bring water and coconut milk to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice & cover. Reduce heat & simmer 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 3Remove from heat & add next 8 ingredients; toss gently to combine.
- 4Prepare saute pan to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- 5Place shrimp in pan & cook 3 minutes on each side, until pink/done.
- 6Mix rice & shrimp.
- 7Plate & garnish.
Browse Our Top Mango Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mango Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp W/ Mango Rice
Serving Size: 1 (450 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.0
- Calories from Fat 104
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 172.8 mg
- Sodium 572.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 30.9 g