Recipe by canninfool
My daughter really wow'ed the judges at fair with this recipe & with some changings has been several more times for our family. Now, it's off to a teenage camp.
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled & minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 lbs medium shrimp, peeled & devined
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups wild rice, uncooked (brown rice optional)
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, shredded
- 2 mangoes, peeled & diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups red peppers, diced
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a medium bowl, add shrimp, toss to coat, cover & chill 1 hours.
- Bring water and coconut milk to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add rice & cover. Reduce heat & simmer 30 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat & add next 8 ingredients; toss gently to combine.
- Prepare saute pan to medium heat and coat with cooking spray.
- Place shrimp in pan & cook 3 minutes on each side, until pink/done.
- Mix rice & shrimp.
- Plate & garnish.