Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Ahtough this light dish is truly delicious "as is", you can vary it by adding leftover cooked broccoli or asparagus. Each week, I cook 8 ounces of pasta, drain and store it in a resealable plastic bag so I can fix this light lunch or supper in under 20 minutes, including peeling the shrimp. Vegetarians can substitute black beans for the shrimp. If you love olives, sprinkle a few sliced ones on top.
- 4 ounces spaghetti noodles, cooked & drained
- 8 ounces fresh shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 2 ounces goat cheese, chevrion,crumbled or cut into 4 to 8 pieces
- 1 -1 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 red onion, diced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1⁄2 fresh ripe summer tomatoes, diced or 12 sweet grape tomatoes, cut in half,approximately
- salt and pepper
- Cut shrimp in half lengthwise.
- Cover and microwave about 1 minute just until shrimp turn pink.
- Set aside.
- NOTE: As you work, divide the ingredients evenly between two bowls.
- Place cooked pasta in two bowls; add oregano, Italian seasoning, and crushed red pepper flakes.
- Top with goat cheese cut into pieces.
- Cover, and microwave each bowl about 45 sec.
- on high until pasta is hot and cheese is melted.
- Immediately add lemon juice and stir to mix well, making a creamy sauce.
- Top with diced onion, diced tomato, and cooked shrimp.
- NOTE: If cooking for 4, double recipe ingredients.
- Serve with a green salad and crusty Sourdough bread.
Quite good, very rich tasting from the goat cheese. I also skipped the microwave. I bought pre-cooked shrimp, cooked the pasta, sauteed the onions and shoved everything in the fridge for a few hours, then poured all the ingredients into a soup pot and heated them just prior to serving.
This is great for College students trying to impress they friends! I just loved it but I didn`t use the micro. I sauteed the onions in olive oil then added lemon juice,tomatoes,spices,Cheese & shrimp, add cooked pasta. And you have a great delish DISH!!!!! Thanks BeachGirl!