These are so easy and so good! I don't need to get them at Leanne Chins anymore. The original came from the Ultimate Chinese cookbook. Edited to add warning about frying time.
- Remove crusts from the bread.
- Using a food processor, blend shrimp, soy sauce, garlic, sesame oil and egg until a smooth paste has formed.
- Spread paste evenly on top of bread.
- Sprinkle bread with sesame seeds and press them into spread.
- Cut bread from corner to corner twice, to form small triangles.
- Heat oil in wok and fry toasts, sesame side up, for 4 to 5 min, until golden. WARNING: WATCH THEM CAREFULLY. THEY MAY TAKE CONSIDERABLY LESS THAN 4 MIN TO BECOME GOLDEN.
- Drain toasts thoroughly.
- Serve with sweet and sour sauce.