Prep 25 mins
Cook 5 mins
Tasty tacos, I have also subsituted cooked chicken.
- 3 tablespoons black peppercorns
- 3 quarts water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced seeded jalapeno pepper
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- 3⁄4 cup chopped tomato
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- Place the peppercorns on a double layer of cheesecloth.
- Gather edges of cheesecloth together, and tie securely.
- Combine cheesecloth bag, water, salt, red pepper, and lime quarters in a Dutch oven.
- Bring to a boil, cook 2 minutes.
- Add Shrimp, cook 2 minutes or until done.
- Discard cheesecloth bag and lime quarters.
- Combine shrimp, cilantro, lime juice, and jalapeno pepper, tossing well to coat.
- Heat tortillas according to package directions (I spray my corn tortillas with Pam on each side and cook them on a griddle).
- Spoon 1/3 cup shrimp mixture into each tortilla; top each taco with 1 T.
- tomato, 2 t.
- sour cream and 2 t.
- *Shredded rotisserie chicken or flaked, cooked fish also works well in these tacos.
Wow! I am not a fish lover, but I love shrimp. I have always wanted to try fish tacos, but couldn't get past the fish. These SHRIMP Tacos were absolutely wonderful. Light and very tasty. We used 6" flour tortillas as that is our preference. We will definitely have these again! EASY TOO!