Cook Tara K.'s Note:
I got this from Everyday with Rachael Ray. It's a great mag.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat a grill to high. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- 2Arrange on the grill, cover and cook, turning once, until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- 3Let cool, then halve lengthwise.
- 4In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the rice noodles until tender, about 3 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water.
- 5Fill a shallow bowl with warm water. Working with rice paper wrapper at a time, soak a wrapper for 30 seconds and transfer to a work surface.
- 6Arrange 3 shrimp halves across the bottom third of the wrapper, top with 3 mint Leaves, one-eighth of the noodles, about l tablespoon each carrot and scallions and 1/4 cup romaine.
- 7Fold in the sides and, starting from the bottom, roll up the rice paper, stopping at the halfway point.
- 8Top with 3 more shrimp halves and continue rolling.
- 9Cover with a damp paper towel and repeat to make 8 summer rolls.
- 10Cut in half diagonally and serve with the peanut sauce.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Summer Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.5
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 51.4 mg
- Sodium 113.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 6.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
rice paper sheets