Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
I got this from Everyday with Rachael Ray. It's a great mag.
- 24 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined (about 1/2 pound)
- salt and pepper
- 3 ounces rice noodles (rice vermicelli)
- 56 inches rice paper sheets
- 24 mint leaves
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cups romaine lettuce, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup peanut sauce
- Preheat a grill to high. Season the shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Arrange on the grill, cover and cook, turning once, until the shrimp are just cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Let cool, then halve lengthwise.
- In a pot of boiling, salted water, cook the rice noodles until tender, about 3 minutes; drain and rinse with cold water.
- Fill a shallow bowl with warm water. Working with rice paper wrapper at a time, soak a wrapper for 30 seconds and transfer to a work surface.
- Arrange 3 shrimp halves across the bottom third of the wrapper, top with 3 mint Leaves, one-eighth of the noodles, about l tablespoon each carrot and scallions and 1/4 cup romaine.
- Fold in the sides and, starting from the bottom, roll up the rice paper, stopping at the halfway point.
- Top with 3 more shrimp halves and continue rolling.
- Cover with a damp paper towel and repeat to make 8 summer rolls.
- Cut in half diagonally and serve with the peanut sauce.