Recipe by cooking_geek
I saw Paula Deen make this on her show and it looked DELICIOUS! So I had to try it. I made only 2 potatoes and had to adjust the recipe accordingly and it still was delicious!
Top Review by Cooking Mom of 7
I saw this on Paula Deen also. This is now a staple with our Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner. My son requested them for his 18th birthday. These are AWESOME! Our family loves them.
- 6 large idaho potatoes
- vegetable oil, for coating
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese, plus more for sprinkling
- 2 cups grated monterey jack cheese
- 2 cups sour cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and sauteed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Begin by washing potatoes, drying them, and gently pricking them with a fork on the sides.
- Coat each potato with vegetable oil, place on foil covered pan, and bake for approximately 1 hour.
- Place the butter in a large bowl.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and slice each potato in half.
- Gently scoop out the potato and place in the bowl.
- Using a mixer on high, mix the potatoes, butter, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Fold the shrimp and both cheeses into the mixture.
- Gently stuff the mixture back into the potato shells, making sure not to break them.
- Pile the mixture as high as you can on top of the potato shells.
- Sprinkle each potato with cheese and paprika for color.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 20 to 30 minutes until browned on top.