Recipe by Ms. Samtastic
An easy recipe I wanted to try from Cooks.com that I wanted to save in my cookbook on this website!
Top Review by Pdawgs Mom
I made this for Valentine's Day and my husband absolutely loved it. I thought it might be too much celery but it wasn't. I did have to cook it longer, 45 mins and then 15 mins in my convection oven. The chicken was really tender and the sauce was fantastic. I will definitely make this again.
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 113.39 g candrained baby shrimp or 113.39 g frozen shrimp, thawed
- 118.29 ml finely chopped celery
- 29.58 ml finely chopped onions
- 304.75 g can cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 14.79 ml butter
- 2.46 ml paprika
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts. Turn inside part of chicken breast facing up. Combine shrimp, celery and onion. Place 1/2 shrimp mixture in small bowl with 1/2 cup soup. Spread on chicken breasts. Roll up and secure with toothpicks.
- In 8 inch baking dish, melt butter in oven at 350 degrees. Place stuffed chicken in butter, rolling to coat all sides. Cover. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Drain off excess liquid. In small bowl combine remaining shrimp mixture with remaining soup. Spoon over chicken in dish.
- Bake, uncovered, an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until chicken is tender. Remove toothpicks from rolls. Sprinkle with paprika. Stir sauce in pan. Spoon over chicken breasts. Recipe may be halved or doubled. For a different flavor, try fresh or frozen crabmeat in place of shrimp. Good served with wild rice.