Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a shrimp spread that is very good and impressive but not so cheap. If you don't have canned shrimp use 8 oz of cooked salad shrimp and if no cocktail sauce use 1 cup of ketchup and 1 heaping teaspoon of horseradish.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 cup seafood cocktail sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) cans shrimp, drained and rinsed
- 3 sliced green onions
- 3⁄4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- In a small mixing bowl beat cream cheese, sour cream, and mayo until smooth.
- spread it on a 12 inch platter (a deep one).
- cover it in seafood cocktail sauce.
- Sprinkle with cheese, shrimp, and tomato.
- cover and chill.
- Serve with chips or crackers.
I love to have another option for shrimp to the traditional cocktail sauce, but I also love cocktail sauce which is why this is a terrific spread. I must confess I did a cheater method and combined everything together in a bowl except the shrimp and then dipped jumbo shrimp in it instead of crackers. At some point I'll run out of shrimp and be forced to use crackers, but this is super delicious and a wonderful lunch! I love the bite from the horseradish and the creaminess. Thank you Celestial Star for this terrific recipe! Made for Fall 2009 Pic A Chef.