My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups water
- 1 lb large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby bella mushrooms, quartered
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (11 ounce) box quick-cooking barley
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups fresh Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil over med-high heat.
- 2Add in shrimp, and cook for about 3 minutes or until shrimp are pink and firm.
- 3Drain and plunge shrimp into ice water to stop the cooking process; remove from water; set aside.
- 4In a large Dutch oven, heat oil over med-high heat.
- 5Add mushrooms, onion, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook for 5 minutes or until vegetables are browned and tender.
- 6Remove mushroom mixture from skillet; set aside, and keep warm.
- 7Add barley to pan, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 8Add wine and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt; cook for about 4 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- 9Add broth, 1/2 cup at a time, allowing liquid to be absorbed after each addition, stirring constantly.
- 10Stir in cooked shrimp, mushroom mixture, spinach, cheese, lemon juice, and pepper.
- 11Taste and adjust seasoning; serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp, Spinach, and Mushroom Barley Risotto
Serving Size: 1 (595 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 351.6
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.6 mg
- Sodium 1155.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 24.5 g