Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This came from an insert out of one of the many magazines I get each month. Would be better if not too many of these are prepared ahead of time, as the chips get soggy if left too long. Maybe just do a couple for show, and then have the bowl of shrimp mixture and chips separately. Tostitos scoops work best, to work as a miniature bowl to hold the salsa mixture better.
- 16 ounces salsa
- 1 1⁄2 cups fully cooked baby shrimp, peeled and chilled
- 3 tablespoons pulp-free orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 10 ounces tortilla chips (see note)
- Evenly combine all ingredients except tortilla chips.
- Fill each Tostito scoop with shrimp and salsa mixture.
- Serve immediately.
(Reviewed for PAC Fall 2007) This was very good -- although I guess it's obvious that it depends on how good the salsa is! I made the mistake of using a VERY hot chipotle salsa from Trader Joe's, so the taste of the cilantro, lime juice, etc. got a little lost. We're a WW household, so we didn't use chips for this -- we just turned it into a shrimp salad, and served it over romaine. Very low calorie, virtually non-fat -- what's not to love? I'll make it again, although with a milder, chunkier salsa. Thanks for posting!