Recipe by ItalianMomof2
Recently started to try and eat the "Clean Living" way, which is to eat food in it's most natural state, without adding too many ingredients. Not a Raw diet, as you cook your food. I got this recipe from "Clean Living" Magazine. It's delicious and once everything is prepped, takes less than 20 minutes to cook! Delicious! This recipe freezes well.
- 8 ounces orzo pasta
- 1 ear of corn, shucked & Kernels removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 1⁄2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄3 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons water
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook Orzo according to Package directions.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut the kernels off corn. Set Kernels aside.
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, heat Olive Oil. Add Garlic and cook for 30 seconds (careful not to burn).
- Add Shrimp and cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add Corn and cook until Shrimp are cooked through, another 2 minutes or so.
- Add cornstarch to water and stir.
- Add broth, cornstarch & water mixture, salt & Pepper to Shrimp. Stirring until the liquid comes to a boil and sauce thickens.
- Remove skillet from heat and stir in green onions and lime juice.
- Drain Orzo, Transfer to serving bowl and top with Shrimp mixture. Serve Immediately.