Recipe by Bobbie
Buttery prawns, garlic and lemon juice! What could be more divine? And it's so easy to put together. Don't forget some crusty bread to sop up the garlic butter sauce.
Top Review by vrvrvr
Outstanding shrimp scampi, indeed! I cut the butter back to 4 T., omitted the green onions and upped the fresh lemon juice a bit. The shrimp was very flavorful and it came together quickly. A rich dish very suitable for company or a special occasion. We loved this! Thanks!
- 453.59 g large raw shrimp or 453.59 g prawns, shelled and deveined
- 88.74 ml butter
- 14.79 ml minced green onion
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 1.23 ml grated lemon peel
- 0.25 ml hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels (I like to butterfly them). Set aside.
- Melt butter in wide frying pan.
- Stir in green onion, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Cook until bubbly.
- Add shrimp to pan and cook, stirring frequently until shrimp are cooked (about 4 minutes – depending upon the size of the shrimp).
- Stir in parsley, lemon peel, and hot sauce.
- Good served with rice pilaf, green salad and French bread. If you are a real big “bread dipper”, you can always double the “sauce” portion of this recipe.