Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Buttery prawns, garlic and lemon juice! What could be more divine? And it's so easy to put together. Don't forget some crusty bread to sop up the garlic butter sauce.
- 453.59 g large raw shrimp or 453.59 g prawns, shelled and deveined
- 88.74 ml butter
- 14.79 ml minced green onion
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon juice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml fresh parsley, minced
- 1.23 ml grated lemon peel
- 0.25 ml hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco)
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels (I like to butterfly them). Set aside.
- Melt butter in wide frying pan.
- Stir in green onion, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Cook until bubbly.
- Add shrimp to pan and cook, stirring frequently until shrimp are cooked (about 4 minutes – depending upon the size of the shrimp).
- Stir in parsley, lemon peel, and hot sauce.
- Good served with rice pilaf, green salad and French bread. If you are a real big “bread dipper”, you can always double the “sauce” portion of this recipe.
Outstanding shrimp scampi, indeed! I cut the butter back to 4 T., omitted the green onions and upped the fresh lemon juice a bit. The shrimp was very flavorful and it came together quickly. A rich dish very suitable for company or a special occasion. We loved this! Thanks!
This is the very first recipe that I've made for shrimp scampi, that actually has flavor! And lots of it. I used pre-peeled, chopped garlic. I also used Franks Hot sauce, since I did not have Tabasco. I used dried parsely and the entire lemon for the juice (probably a a bit more than a qtr cup). This is fantastic! It will become a staple in our house.
I must say I was so surprised how easy and absolutely delicious this recipe was. My 8 year old ate every bite and asked for more!!! My family will be making this a lot in the future. Thanks for a terrific recipe.