1/1 Photo of Shrimp Scampi
Buttery prawns, garlic and lemon juice! What could be more divine? And it's so easy to put together. Don't forget some crusty bread to sop up the garlic butter sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb large raw shrimp or 1 lb prawns, shelled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco)
- 1Pat shrimp dry with paper towels (I like to butterfly them). Set aside.
- 2Melt butter in wide frying pan.
- 3Stir in green onion, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Cook until bubbly.
- 4Add shrimp to pan and cook, stirring frequently until shrimp are cooked (about 4 minutes – depending upon the size of the shrimp).
- 5Stir in parsley, lemon peel, and hot sauce.
- 6Good served with rice pilaf, green salad and French bread. If you are a real big “bread dipper”, you can always double the “sauce” portion of this recipe.
Browse Our Top Very Low Carbs Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Very Low Carbs Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Scampi
Serving Size: 1 (295 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.7
- Calories from Fat 393
- Total Fat 43.6 g
- Saturated Fat 23.0 g
- Cholesterol 377.6 mg
- Sodium 1887.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 31.8 g