Buttery prawns, garlic and lemon juice! What could be more divine? And it's so easy to put together. Don't forget some crusty bread to sop up the garlic butter sauce.
- 1 lb large raw shrimp or 1 lb prawns, shelled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce (like Tabasco)
- Pat shrimp dry with paper towels (I like to butterfly them). Set aside.
- Melt butter in wide frying pan.
- Stir in green onion, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and salt. Cook until bubbly.
- Add shrimp to pan and cook, stirring frequently until shrimp are cooked (about 4 minutes – depending upon the size of the shrimp).
- Stir in parsley, lemon peel, and hot sauce.
- Good served with rice pilaf, green salad and French bread. If you are a real big “bread dipper”, you can always double the “sauce” portion of this recipe.