1 hr 5 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- vegetable oil or peanut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 lbs large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cornmeal or 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons Old Bay Seasoning
- 8 leaves bibb lettuce or 8 leaves butter lettuce
- 1 beefsteak tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 submarine rolls
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1/2 cup spicy grainy mustard
- 1Preheat an inch of oil in a deep skillet over medium to med-high heat.
- 2In a bowl, beat the egg and milk together; salt the shrimp; then set them in the milk batter.
- 3Cover a plate with plastic wrap for easy cleanup; then mix together the flour, cornmeal and seafood seasoning on the plate.
- 4Using tongs, remove a few shrimp at a time from the batter and coat in the breading.
- 5Add the breaded shrimp to the hot oil and fry them for 5-6 minutes, or until they are firm and deeply golden all over.
- 6Repeat until all the shrimp are fried, draining them on paper towels.
- 7Pile lettuce and tomatoes on the roll bottoms; top with the shrimp, and douse the shrimp with a little lemon juice.
- 8Mix the relish and mustard together; dot the roll tops with spoonfuls of the sauce before setting them into place.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Po’boys
Serving Size: 1 (411 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.8
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 320.6 mg
- Sodium 788.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 44.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning