Recipe by FloridaGrl
A wonderful shrimp and mozzarella pizza that is a little bit healthier than most, but still just as yummy!! You can add a little garlic to the shrimp and onion mixture, or a little garlic powder to the white sauce.
Top Review by Boomette
I omitted the cayenne pepper because it would have been too spicy for my son. Next time I'll add garlic to add more flavor. But it was still good. Thanks FloridaGrl :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 Boboli whole wheat pizza crust (14 oz.)
- 3⁄4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- nonstick cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- For white sauce,in a small nonstick saucepan, melt butter. Stir in flour,mustard,cayenne and salt until smooth;gradually add milk. Bring to a boil;cook and stir for 2 minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with non stick cooking spray,cook onion over medium heat for 2 minutes. Add shrimp;cook and stir 2-3 minutes longer. Drain.
- Place crust on a pizza pan or bakng sheet;spread with white sauce. Top with shrimp mixture and cheese. Bake at 425 for 8-12 minutes or until shrimp turns pink and cheese is melted.