Recipe by annconnolly
I love pasta and am constantly creating a new dish from ideas I get from other dishes. Here is a quick and easy lemony version of alfredo sauce. Note: I like to add fresh diced tomatoes to this (I'll omit the sun dried) and steamed broccoli crowns for a really complete meal.
- 1 (15 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp
- 0.5 (8 1/2 ounce) bottle sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 8 ounces dry pasta (linguine, fettuccini or spaghetti)
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce (Ragu or Five Brothers)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice concentrate
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel & de-vein shrimp.
- Sauté shrimp in 2T oil from sun dried tomatoes (don't over cook), and set aside.
- Bring 2 Qt water to a boil, add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- Add 1/2 jar sun dried tomatoes (oil & all) to the boiling water.
- Warm the alfredo sauce adding 4T lemon juice concentrate.
- Place a colander in the sink and put artichokes into it.
- Drain pasta over the artichoke hearts. (This gets them warm.
- Divide pasta onto four large plates.
- Place equal amounts pasta, artichoke hearts and sundried tomatoes on each plate.
- Pour sauce over pasta.
- Top each plate with equal amounts of shrimp and serve hot.