Recipe by Kurt Meyer
I found a similar recipe in a cookbook but they had a few more steps and things to do, making a court bouillon, didn't have any tomato or as much garlic. I didn't want to spend as much time one Saturday cooking and decided to improvise on the basic recipe.
- 1 lb shrimp (or any shell fish combination you like) or 1 lb scallops (or any shell fish combination you like)
- 1⁄2 lb sliced mushroom
- 6 green onions
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1⁄2-2⁄3 cup white wine
- pasta (Any pasta you like, angel hair or fetticini is my favorite)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook your shrimp or scallops on high heat in 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil, for approx.
- 1 min.
- on each side.
- You want the shrimp& scallops seared quickly on both sides, overcooking will toughen the meat.
- Cook the Pasta according to the directions.
- Remove the meat from the pan, put it on the back of the stove while you finish the dish.
- Saute the mushrooms and green onions,& garlic.
- Saute for 3-5 min.
- Add the shrimp, cooked pasta and the white wine.
- This is a very quick dinner and is also very light but has loads of flavor.