Cooking Light; not exactly traditional
Make and share this Shrimp Pad Thai recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb wide rice stick noodles (banh pho)
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fresh bean sprout
- 3⁄4 cup sliced green onion (1 inch slices)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- Add noodles to a large bowl; add hot water to cover; let stand 12 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup, fish sauce, sugar, and pepper flakes; set aside.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over med-high heat.
- Add in shrimp; stir-fry/saute 2 minutes or until shrimp are done; remove shrimp from pan; keep warm.
- Heat 4 teaspoons oil in skillet over med-high heat.
- Add eggs; cook 30 seconds or until soft-scrambled, stirring constantly.
- Add in sprouts, green onions, and garlic; cook 1 minute.
- Add in noodles, ketchup mixture, and shrimp; cook 3 minutes, or until heated.
- Sprinkle with peanuts.