Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Courtesty of Italianchef.com, an easy, light and delicious recipe.
Make and share this Shrimp Oreganato recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped very fine
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano (Fresh)
- 1 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 2 lbs medium shrimp (cleaned and deveined, tail on)
- 2 cups fish (I used jarred clam juice) or 2 cups chicken broth (I used jarred clam juice)
- 2 lemons
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2. Combine bread crumbs, oil, garlic, parsley, oregano and paprika (optional) in a medium bowl. Mix together well, mixture should be moist to the touch. Can also use a food processor. If too thick add some of the liquid.
- 3. Place cleaned and deveined shrimp in a baking pan.
- 4. Place a portion of the bread crumb mixture on top of each shrimp.
- 5. Pour broth around shrimp, making sure not to cover shrimp and wash away bread crumb mixture.
- 6. Place in oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until done.
- 7. Transfer shrimp to serving plates and pour a little of the juice from the baking pan on top. Cut lemon into wedges and serve shrimp with lemon wedges.
- Serve with pasta or rice.