Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Serve as part of a light salad plate, or surround with cracker, melba toast or fresh veggies for delicious appy spread. Delicious!! from The lighthearted cookbook by Anne Lindsay
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1⁄3 cup minced green onions or 1⁄3 cup chives
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 dash hot pepper sauce, as you like it
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 3⁄4 cups small cooked baby shrimp, about 12 oz,coarsely chopped
- dill sprigs
- In a microwave safe bowl or small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water, let stand until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Microwave at high, 100% power for 40 seconds or warm over medium heat until gelatin is dissolved, let cool slightly.
- In bowl combine onions, dill, lemon juice, salt, sugar, hot pepper sauce, tomato paste, yogurt, sour cream, celery and gelatin, mix well.
- Stir in shrimp and refrigerate until mixture begins to set.
- Spoon into lightly oiled 4 cup mold or alternatively, spoon into serving bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours.
- Unmod onto serving plate or serve in bowl and garnish with springs of fresh dill.
- to unmold- run a knife around mousse to loosen from mold.
- Invert onto serving platter, cover with hot, damp tea towel for 1 minute.
- Hold mold and platter securely and give a strong shake to release mousse.
- Remove mold.
This is a great mousse! I used chives instead of green onions and increased the celery because I love the crunch it gives. I served the mousse with Roasted Garlic and Black Pepper & Olive Oil Triscuits. Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe, Derf!