Vino Girl's Note:
From Cooking Light
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 sheets nori (seaweed)
- 4 1/2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 3/4 lb cooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and halved (1 1/2 cups)
- 12 slices julienne-cut carrots
- 1 1/2 medium avocados, peeled and cut into 12 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 6 green onion tops
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 12 7-inch julienne-cut strips
- 1Cut off top quarter of nori sheet along short end.
- 2Place nori, shiny side down, on a sushi mat covered with plastic wrap, with long end toward you.
- 3Pat 3/4 cup rice over nori with moist hands, leaving a 1-inch border on one long end of the nori.
- 4Arrange 1/4 cup shrimp, 2 carrot strips, 2 slices avocado, 1 green onion top, and 2 cucumber strips along top third of rice-covered nori.
- 5Lift edge of nori closest to you; fold over filling.
- 6Lift bottom edge of sushi mat; roll toward top edge, pressing firmly on sushi roll.
- 7Continue rolling to top edge; press mat to seal sushi roll.
- 8Let rest, seam side down, for 5 minutes.
- 9Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients.
- 10Slice each roll into 8 pieces with a sharp knife.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Maki ( Sushi )
Serving Size: 1 (393 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 277.2
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 86.4 mg
- Sodium 99.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 15.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
green onion tops