Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Cooking Light
- 6 sheets nori (seaweed)
- 4 1⁄2 cups cooked sushi rice
- 3⁄4 lb cooked medium shrimp, peeled, deveined, and halved (1 1/2 cups)
- 12 slices julienne-cut carrots
- 1 1⁄2 medium avocados, peeled and cut into 12 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 6 green onion tops
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthwise, seeded, and cut into 12 7-inch julienne-cut strips
- Cut off top quarter of nori sheet along short end.
- Place nori, shiny side down, on a sushi mat covered with plastic wrap, with long end toward you.
- Pat 3/4 cup rice over nori with moist hands, leaving a 1-inch border on one long end of the nori.
- Arrange 1/4 cup shrimp, 2 carrot strips, 2 slices avocado, 1 green onion top, and 2 cucumber strips along top third of rice-covered nori.
- Lift edge of nori closest to you; fold over filling.
- Lift bottom edge of sushi mat; roll toward top edge, pressing firmly on sushi roll.
- Continue rolling to top edge; press mat to seal sushi roll.
- Let rest, seam side down, for 5 minutes.
- Repeat procedure with remaining ingredients.
- Slice each roll into 8 pieces with a sharp knife.
This is a fascinating mix of flavours! Absolutely incredible!
This is a fantastic recipe. I chopped the shrimp and added 2 tbsp of Japanese mayonaise seasoned with togarashi to make it a spicy shrimp roll. I will definitely be making this one again.