Recipe by Baby Kato
Yuuummmm.....shrimps in a flavorful buttery garlic sauce. What could be better. Perfect over hot pasta.
Top Review by rosie316
I made this recipe last week, and wrote a review, but it is not showing. So either the review is still floating in cyber-space, or I posted it to the wrong recipe. But anyway, I did make BK's Recipe #359651, and hubby and I loved it. The only thing I did slightly different was that I used to different pans and made his using the shrimp, and mine using cubed chicken breasts (I cannot eat seafood (allergic). I did hold off on adding the garlic to mine for a few minutes, because the cubed chicken takes longer to cook than the shrimp (I started my pan first, and added the garlic when I started his). He loved the shrimp and pasta and I loved my chicken version. I served it with "No Yolks" egg noodles. Delicious dinner. I will make this many times. Thank you for posting your recipe. (Made for Name That Ingredient tag)
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil, virgin
- 1⁄4 cup butter, unsalted
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced, large
- 1 red pepper, medium, diced
- 1 1⁄4 lbs shrimp, jumbo, peeled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, black, fresh ground
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped, garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil and butter in a large pan, over medium high heat.
- Add the garlic, red pepper & shrimp.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until the shrimp turns pink.
- Increase the heat to high and add the lemon juice, sherry, pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and serve over hot pasta, garnish with parsley.