Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Nice spicy shrimp dish.
- 3⁄4 cup rice
- 2 cups sliced okra
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined (raw or fresh)
- 2⁄3 cup chopped green onion
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Saute okra in oil for about 10 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add shrimp, green onions, salt, pepper, garlic, and cook 5 minutes more.
- Stir in water, tomatoes, Bay leaves and hot pepper sauce, simmer for about 15 minutes, remove bay leaves before serving.
- Serve over cooked white rice.