1/1 Photo of Shrimp Francese
Bonnie G #2's Note:
Found this recipe in Food Network magazine - looks so good, I found several "chicken" Francese recipes here but none for shrimp. I love shrimp and this sounds like one I really enjoy. The salt and pepper is to taste, but I had to guess at the amount to post
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 lbs shrimp, large- about 20 shrimp
- 4 eggs, large
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil, for frying
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup chicken broth, low sodium
- 3/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 1/2 lemons, juice of
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold and cut into small pieces
- 10 ounces Baby Spinach, 2 5 ounce bags
- 1Butterfly shrimp: Make deep cut along outer curved edges then spread open like a book. Pat dry.
- 2Whisk eggs with 1 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1 tablespoon of parsley in bowl.
- 3Heat about 1/8 inch olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Put flour in shallow bowl. Working in batches, dredge shrimp in flour, dip in egg mixture and add to skillet cut-side down; fry, turning until lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- 5Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- 6Pour out any oil from skillet and wipe clean.
- 7Add broth, wine and lemon juice and bring to boil over medium high heat.
- 8Add tomatoes and cook until sauce is slightly reduced, 4 minutes.
- 9Push tomatoes to one side; whisk in butter a few pieces at a time.
- 10Stir in shrimp and remaining 1 tablespoon of parsley.
- 11Meanwhile, put spinach in microwave safe bowl, sprinkle with water and season with salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap and pierce plastic; microwave until wilted, 3-5 minutes.
- 12Divide spinach and shrimp mixture among plates and top with sauce.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp Francese
Serving Size: 1 (485 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 637.3
- Calories from Fat 291
- Total Fat 32.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.0 g
- Cholesterol 395.1 mg
- Sodium 1643.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 34.0 g