Recipe by Bobbie
A pretty quick and easy version of an Italian favorite. The addition of sautéed mushrooms adds to the depth of the dish.
Top Review by Skooch
The only way you could go wrong with this recipe, is to not use a good marinara sauce! Used my own marinara sauce and made it exactly as posted. Would definitely make again and again. Thanks for posting a great easy recipe.
- 8 ounces uncooked spaghetti (or your favorite pasta)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups sliced cremini mushrooms (about 10 oz.)
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups marinara sauce (pick your favorite)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (can use more if you like a spicier dish)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- parsley sprig (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, keep warm.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms to pan and sauté 6 minutes.
- Add marinara sauce, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper; bring to a simmer.
- Cook 5 minutes. Add shrimp; cook 3 minutes or until shrimp are done.
- Serve over pasta. Garnish with parsley sprigs if desired.