Recipe by Pumpkie
I use this recipe to make both Shrimp Fra Diavolo and Lobster Fra Diavolo, just substitute the shrimp with Lobster meat. We usually serve it over linguine. If you like it hot just increase the red pepper flakes we always do!
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more
- salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canpetite diced tomatoes in tomato puree
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, toss the shrimp with 1 teaspoon salt and the red pepper flakes.
- In a large, heavy skillet, heat the oil over a medium high flame. Add the shrimp and saute until just cooked through, about 2 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the shrimp to a large plate and set aside.
- Add the onion to the same skillet and saute until translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes with their juices, wine, garlic, and oregano, and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 10 minutes.
- Return the shrimp and any accumulated juices to the tomato mixture and toss to coat.
- Remove from heat and stir in the parsley and basil.
- Season with more salt to taste and serve over linquine or your favorite pasta.