Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Traditional Mexican fare. Can, also, be made stovetop.
- 2 lbs shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetables or 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 -2 serrano pepper, seeded, deveined and quartered
- flour tortilla
- pico de gallo (fresh salsa)
- fresh cilantro
- crema or sour cream
- In a plastic container with a lid that fits snugly, add marinade ingredients, cover and shake vigorously.
- Place peeled, deveined shrimp in a bowl and pour marinade over them so they are nicely coated.
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Heat a cast iron skillet on the grill until hot. Add one tablespoon oil. Add the bell peppers, serrano peppers and onions and sauté until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, season shrimp with salt and pepper then place the shrimp individually on the grill and sear each side for 1 minute.
- Add cooked shrimp to the skillet and toss with the onions and peppers.
- Serve on flour tortillas with favorite toppings as suggested.