Recipe by KathyP53
I grew up Irish Catholic and Friday night shrimp boil was something to look forward. I love this version.
- 1 cup sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 -2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 coarsely chopped celery ribs (with leaves)
- 2 (3 ounce) packageszatarain's crab boil seasoning
- 2 chopped yellow onions
- 1 head garlic, halved crosswise
- 1 slicd lemon
- 2 gallons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring all ingredients into a large stockpot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and boil gently for 30 minutes.
- Add 5 lbs. raw shell-on large shrimp. Stir well and cook until firm, 5-7 minutes.
- Drain contents of pot through a large colander, discarding the liquid, then transfer shrimp and any of the remaining aromatics to a large platter.
- Peel and eat the shrimp, along with cocktail sauce.