Recipe by sshaul
Mouth watering dish first tried at the San Francisco wharf. Serve over rice or with a loaf of french bread. Tip to preparation, have everything cut, chopped and measured ahead of time as it goes fast, but easy.
- 1 lb large scallop
- 1 lb medium shrimp or 1 lb prawns
- 4 medium white mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 4 minced garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup sharp cheddar cheese (be sure it it SHARP)
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- Accent seasoning
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon pepper
- paprika, for good color on top
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 6 -8 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups cream or 3 cups half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Sauté onions and garlic in 1 T. butter over medium heat for 3 minutes. Salt to taste.
- Add scallops, shrimp, mushrooms, Accent, salt & pepper, & 3 T. butter, stirring to mix well. Be sure to salt and pepper to your tastes. My amounts may be to heavy for some.
- Start cream sauce by melting butter in medium sauce pan, mix in flour slowly; cook for 2 minutes.
- Add half-and-half slowly and stir constantly til very thick, set aside.
- Scallops and shrimp should be stirred occasionally and will be done by the time the cream sauce is done. Add sherry and grated sharp cheddar cheese to the scallops and shrimp and stir in, then add cream sauce and mix it well until cheese is melted.
- Pour into large casserole dish or individual serving dishes, sprinkle with cracker crumbs (opitional) and paprika; bake at 350°F for 15 minutes or til golden.