Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
This simple salad is good for light summer suppers or lunches. Prep time includes refrigeration time (30 minutes). Recipe source: Bon Appetit (October 1985)
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 lb small shrimp, cooked and drained
- 1 head leaves lettuce, shredded
- 1 head radicchio, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- Combine first five ingredients (olive oil - mustard) in a bowl.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl combine lettuce and radicchio, pour shrimp and dressing.
- Toss add tomatoes and toss again.
If you start with boiled shrimp from the grocery store, this salad makes for a wonderfully simple and tasty supper. I did reduce the oil to vinegar ratio a bit (personal taste) but otherwise changed nothing. I like the added bit of zip the mustard lends. A good find for summer evenings when you want something cool and easy to throw together.