Recipe by adlkeenan
Ready, Set, Cook! Special Edition Contest Entry: Bacon wrapped shrimp top a cheese filled potato cake. These can be made in mini muffin cups or full-size cups depending on the size of your shrimp.
- 0.5 (32 ounce) package Simply Potatoes® Shredded Hash Browns, thawed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) containerboursin spinach & artichoke gourmet spreadable cheese
- 36 shrimp, peeled and deveined (51-60 size)
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 18 slices bacon, cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together potatoes, eggs, green onions, and rosemary. Place a spoonful of potato mixture into greased mini muffin cups. Set aside.
- Wrap shrimp with bacon and secure with toothpick. Place on broiler pan so fat can drip away.
- Bake potatoes and shrimp at 350 for about 10 minutes until bacon and potatoes begin to brown. Remove from oven.
- Top each potato cake with a dollop of Borsin cheese. Remove toothpick from shrimp and place on top of cheese. Return to oven and cook until bacon is cooked and cheese has melted, approximately 5 minutes longer.
- Adjust cooking times as necessary if using larger muffin cups.