Stuffed Small Red Potato Appetizer
A great make ahead appetizer, can also be an accompaniment to an entree, or serve them with a salad. This is the best recipe for stuffed small potatoes, try it and see..... This wonderful recipe was found on a beautiful website: www.finedinings.com
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small red potatoes (about 20)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp & crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, minced
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded or 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- fresh parsley, minced
- Cook whole unpeeled potatoes in boiling water until fork-tender but not mushy; Place in cold water to stop cooking; carefully cut each cooked potato in half; With a melon baller or small spoon, scoop out centers, leaving a 1/4-inch shell of pulp in skins(Use centers for soups or salads).
- In a small bowl, combine sour cream, bacon, seasoned salt, pepper and chives. Spoon sour cream mixture evenly into centers of cooked potatoes.; Sprinkle tops with cheese; Arrange on a baking sheet; (May be covered and refrigerated at this point for up to 24 hours and completed later).
- When ready to serve, preheat broiler; Place stuffed potatoes under broiler until cheese melts; Arrange broiled appetizers on a platter or serving plate; Garnish with parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I've made these a couple of times for holiday parties. This time I prepared them the day before so I only had to pop them under the broiler for a few minutes. Served them as a side to beef filet and salmon, and they were gone in no time. I didn't add the scooped out potato to the mix, but will try that next time. I also like another reviewer's twist of adding shrimp and crushed red pepper on top. Will have to try that too. Great recipe!
I decided to try these for Girls Night and they were a big hit. I followed the other reviewers suggestions and added the scoped out potatoes to the mixture to make mini twice baked potatoes. I also added 2 Tbsp butter to the mixture. I added about 6 pieces of bacon to give it a stronger bacon flavor. Thanks for the suggestion of cutting off the bottoms, really helped to keep the potatoes in place on the tray. Very good recipe, will definitely make again.
I found a bag of mult- colored small potatoes (purple,yellow & red). I prepared all the ingredients together then separated in 3 different bowls so I could use the centers to match the color of the potato. My guests went crazy over these little bite sized morsels of yum! This was very fun to make and my only regret is that I should have tripled the recipe.