1/1 Photo of Shrimp and Orzo With Cherry Tomatoes and Parmesan Cheese
This is a fabulous dish. Recipe found on the internet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta (rice-shaped pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup grated fresh parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1Cook the pasta according to package directions.
- 2While pasta cooks, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper evenly over shrimp.
- 4Add shrimp to pan; cook 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until done.
- 5Remove from pan.
- 6Add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to pan.
- 7Add onion, garlic, and red pepper; cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- 8Add tomatoes, and cook 3 minutes or until tomatoes begin to soften, stirring occasionally.
- 9Stir in pasta and shrimp; cook 1 minute or until thoroughly heated.
- 10Remove from heat, and stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, cheese, and basil.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Shrimp and Orzo With Cherry Tomatoes and Parmesan Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (292 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 731.9
- Calories from Fat 200
- Total Fat 22.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 301.1 mg
- Sodium 2430.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 51.0 g