Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Shrimp sauteed with asparagus and mushrooms, then tossed with egg noodles. A simple dish that is simply delicious.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 (16 ounce) package egg noodles
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter (butter is better!) or 1⁄4 cup margarine (butter is better!)
- 1 large lemon, juice of
- 1 lb pre-cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper
- Boil or steam the asparagus until tender.
- Run under cold water to arrest cooking. Drain and cut into 1-inch lengths.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Place pasta in pot and return to a rolling boil. Cook until al dente. Drain well.
- In a large saucepan (I use a large wok) saute garlic in the olive oil over medium-low heat until the garlic is golden brown.
- Add butter and lemon juice to the pan. Heat until butter is melted.
- Raise heat and add mushrooms, sauteeing them until soft.
- Lower heat to medium-low. Add asparagus and shrimp, and heat both through.
- Add the egg noodles with the shrimp and vegetable mixture and toss to mix.
- Top with the Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Toss again and serve.
I'll add another 5 stars to the growing list of reviews. I did make a change in the recipe as I was unable to find fresh asparagus. I subbed fresh steamed broccoli which made a delightful addition. This is a very simple recipe which can be made last minute for an any-day appeal. Thanks so much for sharing this, Gerry.
This was a good dish! Unforturnately I didn't have mushrooms on hand.. but it was still good! Thank you Gerry:)
This was a delicious recipe - got the "You can make this again anytime" review from the family. I found this recipe on another site and it called for twice the amount of butter and oil. I halved it, just like this recipe has done and it was perfect!